Do you wish you knew why hot or cold food and drinks were causing you pain? If so, then we can help you! Sensitive teeth are a common condition that can trigger pain in your teeth. There are many things that can cause this condition, however in all cases having tooth sensitivity is a warning sign that it is time to see your dentist.
Our dentist, Dr. Bruce Speake, cares about your teeth and is happy to help you. Furthermore, to help you understand more about your sensitive teeth, our team in Topeka, Kansas, is happy to share shed some light on the subject.
Here is a list of information on sensitive teeth to help you:
– Any accidents or injuries that have left your teeth chipped or cracked can give rise to an increase in tooth sensitivity.
– Holes in your tooth enamel can make your teeth extra sensitive.
– To help desensitize your teeth over time, it may be a good idea to visit your dentist for various treatments such as dental crowns or dental bonding.
– Sensitive teeth can lead to several oral health risks including a rise in dental abrasion.
– Make sure that all cleaning utensils you use are nonabrasive. This includes using brushes with soft bristles and nonabrasive toothpaste.
As you can see, sensitive teeth are a problem that needs to be addressed. If you have questions about your oral health and are ready to see a dentist, please call us today at 785-267-6301 to make an appointment. At the dental practice of Bruce Speake DDS PA, we are proud to help you!